You can make this Guacamole by Kitchn smooth or chunky depending on your taste. It is super easy to make and a great snack, served with chips, for any occasion.
Homemade guacamole is like a snowflake; you never see the same one twice. Even if it weren’t for the fact that the flavor and texture of avocados varies widely, this isn’t usually a recipe people make with measuring spoons and cups. I certainly don’t. So I want to encourage you to make it by feel, to taste as you move along, and to find your own perfect guacamole formula.
Sara Kate Gillingham
- 3 mediumripe avocados
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped red onion
- 1/2jalapeño pepper, minced (more or less, to taste)
- 1/4 cupchopped cilantro leaves and upper stems
- Pinch or two of coarse salt
- Juice of one lime
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit.
- Spoon the flesh of the avocados into a molcajete, mortar or pestle, or mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, jalapeno, cilantro, and salt, and combine.
- Add the lime juice and stir gently, so as not to crush the ingredients too aggressively.
- Serve with chips! Enjoy 🙂