Another one of our favorite vegetarian recipes by Cooking Light. This breakfast dish is loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients: extra-virgin olive oil, avocado, tomatoes, quinoa, and omega-3 eggs. It is super quick to prepare in 3 simple steps:
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup hot cooked tricolor quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned unsalted black beans, rinsed, drained, and warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 2 large omega-3 eggs
- 1/2 ripe avocado, sliced
- Whisk together 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, and dash of salt.
- Combine quinoa, tomatoes, beans, cilantro, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; toss gently to combine. Divide mixture evenly between 2 bowls.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Crack eggs, 1 at a time, into pan. Cover; cook until whites are set and yolk is still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle dressing evenly over quinoa mixture; top with eggs and avocado. Sprinkle with remaining dash of salt. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.