This is super easy to make zucchini fritter recipe by Kelly Senyei. All you need is five ingredients and 25 minutes to prepare this veggie appetizer or snack.
Let’s get started!
14 fritters | 20 minutes to prep | 5 minutes to cook
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions (green and white parts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Place the shredded zucchini in a colander set over a bowl and lightly sprinkle with salt to season. Let the zucchini stand for 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Transfer zucchini to a large bowl.
- Add flour, eggs, sliced scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the bowl. Stir until the mixture is combined. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Add olive oil to a large sauté pan and set over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, scoop 3-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan. Press them lightly into rounds and space them apart to prevent sticking.
- Cook the zucchini fritters for 2 – 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer the zucchini fritters to the paper towel-lined plate and immediately sprinkle with salt for taste.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini mixture.
- Serve with sour cream (optional) and sliced scallions.
- Bon appetit!