Cristy fried tofu with cucumbers and cashew-filled quinoa ♥
For 4 Servings | 30 minutes to cook
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked (How to cook fluffy quinoa?)
- 2 tbsp. roasted cashew halves
- Parsley leaves, for garnish
- Slice tofu 1/4 inch thick. Place on cutting board between paper towels; top with baking sheet. Top with large cans or other weight; let stand 10 minutes.
- Soak red onion in cold water.
- Whisk red wine vinegar and Thai sweet chili sauce, olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pat onion dry; toss with half of vinaigrette and cucumber.
- Sprinkle tofu on both sides with cornstarch. In 12-inch skillet, heat vegetable oil on medium-high until hot. Carefully add tofu. Cook until deep golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Top each with salad, roasted cashew halves, parsley leaves and tofu.
- If you want your tofu extra crispy, let stand for 30 minutes instead of 10.
- Bon appetit!