In 20 minutes, you can prepare this healthy and delicious whole wheat gnocchi. It is super flavorful with the veggies tomato sauce.
Let’s get started!
For 4 servings | about 20 minutes to prep and cook
- 1/2 medium – onion
- 2 1/2 cup, pieces or slices – mushrooms, white
- 3 clove – garlic
- 2 tablespoon – olive oil
- 28 ounce – diced tomatoes, canned
- 1 tablespoon – Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 2 cup – spinach
- 16 ounce – Gnocchi
- 1/2 cup – Parmesan cheese, grated
- Dice onion and slice mushrooms (if not pre-sliced). Mince garlic.
- Heat a large skillet with high sides (or stockpot) over medium heat. Add olive oil and saute onions and mushrooms until the onions begin to go translucent (4-5 minutes). Add garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in diced tomatoes (including the juice) and add Italian seasonings and salt. Add 2 cups of spinach and carefully stir.
- Once spinach wilts, add uncooked gnocchi and stir together. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the gnocchi is cooked. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
- Bon appetit! ♥
Thank you Super Healthy Kids for sharing this amazing recipe.